Sunday, February 20, 2011

Chipper Jones 2011

What do you expect from Chipper Jones in 2011? I love and respect Chipper to the fullest but I will be honest. I  really dont expect him to stay healthy or be a major contributer to this team. Even if he stays healthy I think he would give us .270 average 15 home runs and maybe 56-70 rbis.. which isnt bad but from Chipper its not that good for a guy getting paid $12 million this year. I think the braves are making a big mistake by keeping him in the #3 hole.  Yes Chipper is  one of the smartest if  not the smartest hitter in all of baseball but be honest since 2008 has he impressed you at all?  I   could be tottally wrong about him but I think its time the Braves realize hes not what he used to be. Hes not a #3 hitter anymore- its time to put Heyward or Mccann or Uggla in that 3 spot- Chipper just doesnt produce enough to be in that sweet #3 spot anymore. There is no doubt that Chippers leadership is priceless on this team. But its come about where his leadership is worth more then his actual skills anymore. What other teams would keep a guy whose hitting .270 with 15 home runs in there 3 hole? Chipper needs to be moved down lower in the order. I pray that Iam wrong and chipper produces numbers closer to the .300 and 20 home runs with 85 rbis but his health and declining skills just dont make it realistic for me. I hope the Braves dont have too much love for Chipper and keep him in the #3 hole longer then he needs to be- and who knows if he will even stay healthy?  I will put my money on it right now that Martin Prado plays more games at third base this year for the braves then Chipper does.. What do you think??

5 comments:

  1. I kind of agree. I think they have Chipper in the 3 hole out of respect and so Heyward and Mccann do not hit back to back since they are both lefties. I think Mccann is their best hitter overall he can hit any pitch from any pitcher he should be hitting 3rd. I would have Chipper hitting maybe 5th? He is still good especially when healthy, but you will not see 30-40 homers out of him anymore. However, if he plays in 145 games this year at age 39 that is really good and I think he could hit 25 homers should that happen.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Also I think if he ends up going on the DL this year then this HAS to be his final year playing, however if he's healthy then why not come back another year and get closer to 500 and 3,000?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I dont think Chipper will play that many games though- I think hes gonna get hurt and miss time. mccann is our best hitter - I dont know if mccann should hit 3rd because hes so slow.. I think they need to get Nate out of the #2 sor right now for starters though.. Chipper looks great so far I hope he keeps it up.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think this is Chippers final year reguardless- I cant see him playing past this season.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ideally you would like to have Uggla hit 2nd before the big boppers but you have to kind of mix up the right handers and left handers. Yea Mcclouth used to play for my home town Buccos and had a good year before he left but he hasn't done anything in Atlanta. Chipper had a monster spring so he may be able to stay healthy at least up until the all star break. Do you think he's a first ballot hall of famer?

    ReplyDelete