Sunday, May 13, 2012

MICHAEL BOURN


I loved the Bourn trade when it happened last year. I felt like it was the perfect fit for the offense. I think Braves fans are beginning to see how much he changes this offense. Yes Heyward has done better.Yes Uggla hasnt gotten off to a bad start like last year.. but this offense is going because of Bourn. I dont know why but in my opinion he doesnt get enough love from Braves fans because he is straight killing it right now and no one really talks about  him.

He has been caught stealing 5 times this year but 3 of those were horrible calls where he was safe. He is getting on base for the big guys- Mccann,Freeman,Uggla,Chipper,Heyward to do there damage. Bourn getting on base so much is a big reason why Freeman is third in the league in Rbis.Over his last 10 games Bourn is hitting .340 with 16 runs scored. if you go further then that hes hitting almost .390 over the last 20 games. Its safe to say that the Braves offense took off once Bourne started hitting. This guy is the real deal.For the season hes hitting .333 with 24 runs scored,49 hits, 11 stolen bases, OBP of .399 and great defense in center field.

I wish the the Braves would make signing him in the offeseason a priority. I cant see anyone to take his place in the organization.They need to pay him.Yes I know he is 30 years old but we can offer him a 3-5 year deal and keep him here. hes a  offense igniter, a  .300 hitter, will steal 60 bases, and is a gold glover in center. thats hard to come guy. Braves need to keep this guy  in Atlanta beyong next year. he is the #1 reason if you ask me why the offense is doing so much better this season.

No comments:

Post a Comment