Friday, February 4, 2011

WHAT TO EXPECT FROM THE BRAVES IN 2011

I believe the Braves will be a good team in 2011. The pitching staff will be good just like last year as long as we stay healthy. The bullpen is young but has alot of talent I think we will be ok in that area. The defense concerns me- Chipper playing 3rd base seems to get worse defensively every year as his age is getting up there. Prado in Left field is a bit of a reach for me. He seems like a good athlete but I would rather him play the infield. Im not crazy about Dan Uggla defensively but I hope he will suprise me. Recalling last year our defense was a big reason why we didnt advance in the playoffs and GM Frank Wren didnt do much this offseason to shore up the defense so this is a major concern to me.Now I do believe the offense will be better- getting Dan Uggla is a big upgrade- gives the braves that big popper in the middle of the line up- thinking about - prado,heyward,uggla,mccann and chipper that gives me hope for this offense. I believe Jason Heyward will be a big contributor this year offensively. Im still a bit concerned about the health of his thumb but he seems good to go. The sky is the limit for this kid- I look for him to  have a great year. Im not expecting much out of Chipper Jones this year because since 2008 he hasnt given us much. I see him hitting  .270 with 15 home runs and 75 rbis if hes healthy. but who knows if he will be. if he gets hurt you put Prado @ 3rd base and the braves have to make a trade for an everyday left field in my opinion.
Im excited about the upcoming season- I dont believe the Braves can beat the phillies for the division but I do believe we will be very big players in the wild card. I cant wait to see what happens.

No comments:

Post a Comment