Saturday, April 30, 2011

CURRENT STATE OF THE BRAVES

 The Braves have had a tough week- the negative press about the Roger Mcdowell situation and the DUI that Derek Lowe got were disappointing. But whats more dissappointing to me is the braves are 4-7 at home. They are 6 games behind the Phillies and  right now there bullpen is struggling. Craig Kimbrel is a rookie so I know he will have highs and lows during his first full season. I just hope his lows will be at the start of season rather then end of it- that being sad its not fun to see him struggle right now. When you have your 8th and 9th inning guys with less then 3 years of Mlb experience it does concern you a little but. I still have alot of high hopes for Kimbrel and Venters though. Im confident they will be successful this year. I wouldnt be too suprised to see the braves eventually make a move for some more veteran help in the bullpen

The offense is still struggling- Uggla hasnt hit anything yet. Heyward is hot and cold. Alex Gonzalez seems to blame his struggles more on the umpire then he does himself. This offense needs to step it up. The starting pitching so far has done well. Brandon Beachy doesnt have the wins to show for it but hes  pitched very well. I hope the offense will start scoring more runs for him soon. Its  too early for major concerns but the bullpen has shown it cant fully hold leads and AGAIN this offense is problematic.. I hope as the weather gets warmer the Braves offense will too... by the way  what are your thoughts on Fredi Gonzalez first month as manager???

4 comments:

  1. Wow. Crazy week. I don't ever understand why a professional athlete ever gets a DUI. Roger was probably just was talking like he normally does, but unfortunately he was talking to a fan.

    The offense is struggling, but the pieces are there. I really like McClouth batting 8th. Once Uggla starts hitting, which is done more of in the last week, we will be much more balanced. I would still like a true leadoff hitter, but not sure where to find one.

    Here's the deal. We're right at .500 right now. If we rip off 2 5 game winning streaks and play .500 ball in the other games, we will wind up with 91 wins. So we will go through our struggles but be fine.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think athletes and celebritys feel they are superior and wont " get caught". Roger makes me think hes on drugs or was drunk.

    Yeh Mcclouth seems comfortable batting 8th. He needs to stay there.. I agree 100% once Uggla starts hitting I think this offense will take off.. Prado isnt a leadoff hitter i agree too- I wish we had one who could get on, steal bases and do all the little things top lead off hitters do.

    I think once the offense heats up we will be good to go.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Man..positioning the Braves this year is difficult.. Alex maybe in the one spot..but he doesn't steal bases much..Prado seems logical there just because he is such a solid hitter..I dunno..leave Prado there.. flip flop Heyward and Uggla...just to take a little pressure off the 2nd year rookie..that's what i think..glad I ain't Fredi..

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like Uggla in the 5th spot. I wouldnt put him anywhere but 4 or 5.. Im not crazy about heyward hitting number 2.. but if you take him out of number 2 it kinda throws the line up off balance... Im glad im not freddi either- but he defiently needs to keep mcclouth #8 .

    ReplyDelete