Sunday, April 24, 2011

BRAVES SWEEP THE GIANTS!!

 I dont know about you but Im pumped after this weekends series with the Giants- Beat Lincecum, swept the Giants the team that won world series/ team that ended our season last year. Its not only we swept them but the way we did. The offense hit well- got the big hits when we needed. The pitching rotation pitched well also.I  will say I think the Braves bullpen is being overworked and Peter Moylan being hurt right now is a big loss out there. But Im encouraged by the offense and I will give props to Nate Mcclouth who has hit better in the 8 hole. I was also encouraged by Heywards weekend series because he hadnt hit anything the past 10 days. I hope hes turned the corner. The Braves got to within a game of .500 again which is a step- But now they need to step it up even more because Philly has the best record in baseball and with that pitching staff you wont see them go on many 5-6 game losing streaks. I  dont think the Braves are close to  hitting where they will be but Im more confident in the team now then I was a week ago. I hope the team is more confident to and can go to San Diego and handle business there just like the Phillies did this weekend. Good teams need to capitalize on bad teams. The Braves  have struggled most of April but I hope the sweep this weekend will  get them the fresh of breath air they need to really go hard  and start puting long win streaks together.

No comments:

Post a Comment